Energy Saving Tips
- Set your thermostat at a comfortable level in the summer and winter months.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Change air conditioning or furnace filters on a regular basis.
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120 F.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
- Make sure air vents are not obstructed.
Water Saving Tips
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Install low-flow shower heads.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.